The first hospital in Rockhampton was established in approx 1858, and was soon inadequate for the growing population of the area. In 1868 a new hospital building was constructed on the Athelstane Range, south of the town centre, with a further extension in 1869, and a third wing added in 1879. Beryl Campbell began nursing training at the Hospital in 1908, and graduated in 1911.
Hospital history courtesy of David Carment
- Additional image
Sometime during her tenure at the hospital, Beryl Campbell obtained a series of photographs by Walter E. Perroux of the staff, rooms, and buildings. This photograph shows the inside of a ward.